More details will be added soon!
More details will be added soon!
Keep your Camera with you at all times.
Some of the best pictures happen when you least expect them. A candid of a child that captures them just the way they are. A picture of an animal in its environment. Sometimes you never know when the right moment will hit or when something will catch your eye. If you keep your photo equipment really simple, just your bag and camera, you will be ready to go. Your cell phone can work too. Just take a picture to remember a location that you want to return to at a later time.
We had such a nice day for taking pictures of Sunflowers. Check out all of our participants! Thanks so much for joining us!
Look for more Workshops to be posted soon!
Since Summer is almost over ( I know, can you believe it?) it’s the perfect time to start thinking about what to take pictures of in the Fall. Here is a list of some things to take pictures of.
1. Leaves. There are so many different ways to photograph leaves. On the trees, in the air, on the ground. The possibilities are endless.
2. Pumpkins. Big ones, little ones. Line them up or scatter them around. A perfect fall item to take pictures of.
3. Trees changing color. did you ever notice that there are so many different colors of leaves in Fall?
4. Halloween decorations. From whimsical to scary, capture all that October has to offer.
5. Barns. Whether it’s a landscape photo or a shot of some rustic wood, barns are an amazing fall staple.
6. Festivals. Check out the many food and fall themed Festivals in Bucks County this autumn.
7. Waterfalls or any moving water
8. Bales of Hay. They have great textures to capture.
9. Pinecones. Another fall item with great colors and designs.
10. Gourds. So many textures and colors.
11. Sunlight coming through the trees. Check out how photographers play with glare to create some really interesting photos.
12. A lonely trail or even your driveway, covered in leaves. Capture the feeling of fall.
13. A roaring bonfire. So many interesting patterns and colors for you to capture.
14. Flames from your own cozy fireplace. Watch the flames dance and move.
15. Fall leaves in puddles . There are lots of cool reflections and patterns in water.
16. Steam rising from your warm drink on a cold morning.
17. Pumpkin pies and Apple pies. Try to get a picture before they disappear!
18. Pumpkin patches and hayrides. They are the perfect place to capture the true essence of fall.
19. Jack O Lanterns ( look for a more in-depth post on this coming in October)
20. Leaves fluttering in the wind or falling from trees. Remember to try panning your camera to get a good shot.
21. Photographs at Sunrise or Sunset. You can get some really interesting shots of the sky and the warm colored trees.
22. Use your macro lens or get close up to take pictures of leaves, grass, and trees. Focus on textures and colors.
23. Experiment with your shadow, take pictures where you can see your shadow. Pretend you are in a haunted house or scary movie.
24. Take pictures of your pets, whether they are snuggled up inside or playing around outside
25. Take a family portrait outside with everyone in their coziest clothes like oversized sweaters or flannels.
Posted in Tips | Tagged bucks county fall, bucks county photography, fall ideas photography, fall items to photograph, fall list of items, fall list of photography, fall photo list, fall photography, fall photography list, Katydid Photography, katydid photography bucks county | Leave a Comment »
Fall is coming and so is one of our most popular digital photography classes.
Beginners Digital Camera Class
You will learn how to master your digital camera. Learn to understand what each function on your camera is and more importantly what it does. Not only will we explore the buttons and dials, we will cover proper exposure using ISO, f-stops, shutter speeds, depth of field, lenses, flash and composition. Discover how to stop the action of sports photos and learn how to take beautiful portraits of your loved ones. Hands-on instruction during each class.
Dates: Mondays 9/8, 9/22, 9/29, 10/06
Times: 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Duration: 4 week session (once a week)
Complete with: Instructions and Laminated Cheat Sheet*
Location: 363 W Bristol Road, Warminster, PA 18974
* Included with full price purchase. Not included with Specials or Vouchers.
Want to learn Photoshop or Lightroom? We have classes for that too!
Posted in Classes | Tagged bucks county beginners photography, bucks county business photographer, bucks county digital photography classes, bucks county lightroom, bucks county photo school, bucks county photoshop, Classes, digital photography classes, doylestown classes, fall digital photography class, Katydid Photo, Katydid photo class, katydid photo school, newtown photography, photography classes, warminster classes | Leave a Comment »
Posted in Classes | Tagged bucks county photo classes, bucks county photo lessons, bucks county photo school, katydid photo school, Katydid Photography, katydid workshops, katydidphoto, sunflowers katydid, sunflowerworkshop | 4 Comments »
At Katydid Photography, we offer the option of making your photo in a stretched canvas. These pieces are something that you will treasure and want to show off. What a fantastic way to decorate your home. They are also a great gift for the holidays and birthdays. Your photos are truly a work of art, so why not display them that way? They look fantastic on a easel or display them on your walls.
Posted in Portraits | Tagged bucks county wall photos, decorate your home, family portraits, fathers day gifts photos, grandparents photo gift, heirloom wall, holiday gifts photos, Katydid Photography, katydid photos bucks county, kids portraits, mothers day gifts photos, photo canvas, photo canvas decor, photo canvas wall, photo canvas wallart, wall art bucks county, wall art canvas | Leave a Comment »